Our Community

We are fortunate to have one of the most giving communities you could live in. People here give of their time and other resources on a regular basis. In the past, I had fun coaching, being on a few boards, and even serving as mayor of small-town Kershaw, SC. Today, Justice4Kids, keeping our community informed, and recognizing people that make a difference in our community is my focus.

thumbnail
Community Heroes

Lancaster County offers many resources for people in need—but sometimes it’s hard to know who to call. We established this page as a way to put information at your fingertips so you or someone you know can find the help they need. From medical care to food and electricity, from elderly care to scholarships for education, our desire is to see this list grow and we try to bridge the gap between those who are needy—and those who can help.

Read More
thumbnail
The Community that Cares Together

A lot has happened in our nation over the past several weeks. Scan the news and you’ll see mostly Ferguson riot stories, but you’ll also see stories of children that were buried alive then rescued in the New York snowstorm, and a boy found that had been missing for four years in Georgia. You’ll see churches and organizations pulling together to feed the homeless for Thanksgiving. You might even see folks ‘Shopping Small’ to support local small businesses the day after Black Friday. The common denominator in all these stories? When a community works together in a positive way, a lot can be accomplished.

Read More
thumbnail
Should Indian Land Incorporate?

What are your thoughts about the new TOWN OF INDIAN LAND? Is it good, bad or otherwise? Here’s my take.

Read More
backpack

Our Work in the Indian Land & Lancaster Communities

At the end of every week, children in our community go home from school unsure of where their next meal is coming from. That is why David Blackwell Law started Justice 4 Kids, a nonprofit program that provides food-filled backpacks for children who may not have access to a good meal outside of school.