I was in a car wreck in South Carolina and it was not my fault. I have medical bills and I don’t have health insurance. Who pays for them?

The medical bills from the injuries you received in your South Carolina car wreck should be paid from any settlement recovery you receive when you settle your car wreck case. If you have health insurance, you should submit all of your medical bills to your own health insurance company so that they can pay these bills and so that these bills do not go into collections. The problem, of course, is if you do not have health insurance. In this case, you will need to make some payment of these medical bills until your case settles and then your bills can be paid from the settlement.

You should also contact your own insurance company and ask if you have Medical Payments or Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage. If you do, then you should submit your bills to your car insurance company so that these bills can be paid. Your South Carolina car wreck lawyer can help you figure out a payment plan with your medical providers that will best suit your ability to pay.