Unexpected hazards like water leaks, crumbling concrete, or loose handrails can easily create a fall and injury on someone else’s property. If you are one of the many people who has been injured during a trip to the store, around an apartment building, or even on a city sidewalk, you may be eligible to file a premises liability lawsuit. It is important to seek out an experienced South Carolina slip and fall attorney or premises liability attorney.
The lawyers at David Blackwell Law understand South Carolina premises liability and are prepared to review the circumstances around your injury. Our knowledgeable attorneys are able to help determine if the property owner was negligent in maintaining their property.
If a property owner knew or should have reasonably known about unsafe conditions that caused an injury, they may be held liable. Property owners, landlords, or maintenance personnel are expected to not only maintain their property, but also warn others of any known hazards or risks.
Premises injuries can be caused by many things, including:
- wet or freshly waxed floors that have not been marked as being wet or slippery
- uneven sidewalks
- damaged carpeting
- untethered cords
- loose handrails
- insufficient lighting
- water leaks
- unrestrained dogs
- inadequate security
- an elevator or escalator that has not been properly maintained
- unsafe playground equipment
Filing a Premises Liability Claim for Your Injury
If you have suffered a broken bone, head injury, laceration, or other injury due to unsafe conditions on someone else’s property, contact the premises and personal injury law team at David Blackwell Law today. Our attorneys will:
- Take time to thoroughly explain how premises liability laws may apply to your case.
- Keep you updated throughout a claims process.
- Review any settlement offers to determine if they provide fair compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- Take your case to court if a fair and reasonable settlement cannot be reached.
Call 803-285-0255 to schedule your convenient and confidential consultation today.