Rock Hill Personal Injury Lawyer
Did someone else’s negligence recently cause you to suffer a serious injury? Did the wrongful conduct of another result in the tragic loss of your loved one? At David Blackwell Law, we understand how you may be going through one of the most difficult times of your life. We are here to provide the professional and compassionate legal assistance that you need.
Since 2003, our personal injury attorneys have provided the highest level of care and attention to clients in Rock Hill and throughout surrounding communities in York County. You can count on us to focus on your goals, protect your rights and aggressively pursue the compensation that you deserve.
To learn more about how we can help you in Rock Hill, call or reach us online today. We will review your case, explain your options and answer any questions you may have about the personal injury claims process in a free consultation.
How Can Our Rock Hill Personal Injury Attorneys Help You?
At David Blackwell Law, one of our top priorities will be to ease your stress. This is because we know how challenging life becomes when another person’s careless or reckless acts suddenly change everything for you and your family. You may be in great pain, unable to work and facing a pile of medical bills and other worries. When you work with our Rock Hill personal injury lawyers, we will:
- Take your financial strain into consideration. In addition to offering a free consultation, we will charge no upfront costs or legal fees. You will pay us and reimburse us for the costs of your case only if we secure compensation for you. Additionally, we can inform bill collectors and your employer about your status.
- Communicate with you throughout your case. You won’t be left in the dark. We want to make sure that you know what is happening in your case at all times. We will answer your questions and promptly respond to your calls and e-mails.
- Conduct a thorough investigation of your case. The strength of a personal injury claim depends on the evidence. We leave no stone unturned in our investigations. We will work efficiently and effectively to determine why your injuries happened and who should be held responsible for them.
- Carefully calculate your damages. We will gather and review your medical records, and we may also consult with medical and financial professionals to fully assess your injuries and the losses you have suffered.
- Fight fiercely for maximum compensation for you. We often secure compensation for our clients through personal injury settlements. However, we will be ready to go to trial if that’s what it takes to pursue the funds you deserve.
To learn more about our approach to serving clients, please read Our Pledge. You can also see what others have to say about their experience of working with our law firm by checking out Our Testimonials.
What Damages Can You Seek in a Rock Hill Personal Injury Claim?
Many of the clients we assist in Rock Hill suffer catastrophic, or life-changing, injuries. We work with people who have suffered spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, burns, fractures, soft tissue damage, internal organ injuries and other serious harm. While we cannot promise a particular outcome, we can promise that we will do everything in our power to pursue full and fair compensation for those we serve, including:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost income and diminishment of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Punitive damages (in exceptional cases).
If your loved one died due to another’s wrongful conduct, we can seek different types of damages through a wrongful death claim, including compensation for the expenses of putting your loved one to rest and for the loss of your loved one’s financial support and services.
How Long Do You Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Rock Hill?
The South Carolina statute of limitations for personal injury claims places a limit on the amount of time you have to file a lawsuit. Generally speaking, you must file a lawsuit within three years after your injury occurs. If you pursue a wrongful death claim, you must bring the lawsuit within three years from the date of your loved one’s death.
Under some circumstances, the statute of limitations period may be extended. In other situations, you may need to take steps such as giving notice within only a few months after an accident occurs.
If you try to sue a party after the statute of limitations has expired, a court will likely refuse to hear your case. So, you should contact a Rock Hill personal injury lawyer as soon as you are able to do so after an accident. You don’t want to wait too long to act and risk losing your right to recover just compensation.
Courts in Rock Hill
Lawsuits arising from personal injury accidents in Rock Hill and elsewhere in York County are filed in the South Carolina Circuit Court in York. The Court of Common Pleas is the division of the Circuit Court that hears civil lawsuits in which the amount in controversy exceeds $7,500. The address is:
York County Courthouse
2 South Congress Street
York, S.C. 29745
If we pursue a personal injury lawsuit in federal court on behalf of a Rock Hill client, we would likely litigate the claim in the U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina. The nearest courthouse is:
Russell Federal Building & U.S. Courthouse
201 Magnolia Street
Spartanburg, S.C. 29306
Hospitals in Rock Hill
It is important to get medical attention as soon as possible after you are involved in an accident. You should be checked for injuries and start your course of treatment. Fortunately, several medical facilities serve accident and injury victims in the Rock Hill area, including:
Piedmont Medical Center
222 South Herlong Avenue
Rock Hill, S.C. 29732
Law Enforcement Agencies in Rock Hill
David Blackwell Law can help you to get a copy of the police officer’s crash report after you are involved in an auto accident in Rock Hill. If you wish to get a copy on your own, you can go online to order one through the South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles (SCDMV) or you may even contact the local law enforcement agency who responded to the crash such as:
Rock Hill Police Department
20 East Black Street
Rock Hill, S.C. 29730
York County Sheriff’s Office
1675-2A York Highway
York, S.C. 29745
S.C. Highway Patrol (Troop Four, Post B)
454 South Anderson Road, Suite 400
Rock Hill, S.C. 29730
Get Help from an Experienced Rock Hill Personal Injury Attorney
You deserve to work with a Rock Hill personal injury lawyer who truly cares about you and your future. To discuss your case and learn more about how we can serve you, contact David Blackwell Law today for a free consultation.