Our Community

We are fortunate to have one of the most giving communities you could live in. People here give of their time and other resources on a regular basis. In the past, I had fun coaching, being on a few boards, and even serving as mayor of small-town Kershaw, SC. Today, Justice4Kids, keeping our community informed, and recognizing people that make a difference in our community is my focus.

thumbnail
When Playgrounds Become Nightmares

Springtime begs for children to be outside. Imaginations soar as children are running, playing, exploring, and enjoying the exciting and wonder-filled world of the playground. Bridges have trolls below, slides become exit doors for spaceships, and princesses rescued by their brave, dragon-slaying princes. Unfortunately, childhood dreams at the playground can quickly turn into nightmares if danger shows up for a play date.

Read More
thumbnail
I’m Too Busy “Momming” to Drive

The struggle is real. Every mother should read this blog before you get back on the road again.

Since April is Distracted Driving Awareness Month, I have tried to pay a lot more attention to how I drive. I consider myself a safe person and a protective mother, so I was feeling pretty confident in my driving skills. Besides, mamas can multi-task better than anyone, right?

Read More
thumbnail
What do Flo, Mayhem, and Geckos Have in Common?

Like it or not, our community is bombarded with car insurance advertisements. According to the Insurance Journal, car insurance companies spend over $6 BILLION dollars annually on advertising—and Geico holds the number one spot, spending over $1 billion alone. These commercials can be quite entertaining (or scary— remember the Super Bowl ads?), but some of them are educational as well. For instance, we learn from Progressive that “sprinkles are for winners.” Allstate tells us “Mayhem is everywhere.” Geico answers the age old-question—“did the little pig cry wee-wee-wee all the way home?” and what you do if you’re a free range chicken, or a scapegoat, or a camel at the zoo and visitors keep yelling “hump day.”

Read More
backpack

Our Work in the Indian Land & Lancaster Communities

At the end of every week, children in our community go home from school unsure of where their next meal is coming from. That is why David Blackwell Law started Justice 4 Kids, a nonprofit program that provides food-filled backpacks for children who may not have access to a good meal outside of school.