Our Community

We are fortunate to have one of the most giving communities you could live in. People here give of their time and other resources on a regular basis. In the past, I had fun coaching, being on a few boards, and even serving as mayor of small-town Kershaw, SC. Today, Justice4Kids, keeping our community informed, and recognizing people that make a difference in our community is my focus.

thumbnail
Haiti 2015

Last month, I had the opportunity to visit Haiti on a mission trip. I had every intention of going to Haiti to help where I could and to change Haiti. But Haiti changed me. I have done a lot of traveling in my days, but never before have I witnessed such poverty. Never before have I witnessed children in such need of attention. Not because their snotty older sister was always the spotlight—like we say in the US. I mean attention because their basic needs were not met. Food. Clothing. Shelter.

Read More
thumbnail
Communication is Key

We live in an age where communication is literally at our fingertips. With a few simple movements of our fingers, we can send a message to thousands of followers, fans, and friends. We even have the ability to control our phones with our voices to make phone calls for us. Our community places a high priority on staying in touch.

Read More
thumbnail
When Your Child Gets in a Wreck

It’s 2:00 PM on a Wednesday, and you just got the phone call from your child that you never wanted to receive. “Mom, I’ve been in a wreck.” You are at work, preparing for your next meeting, and your son is at the beach on spring break. No one really prepares you for times like these—what are the most important things you could tell your child right at this moment?

Read More
backpack

Our Work in the Indian Land & Lancaster Communities

At the end of every week, children in our community go home from school unsure of where their next meal is coming from. That is why David Blackwell Law started Justice 4 Kids, a nonprofit program that provides food-filled backpacks for children who may not have access to a good meal outside of school.