Lancaster Motorcycle Accident Attorney
South Carolina has many popular motorcycle routes such as the loop around the Lake Wateree Recreation Area in Lancaster County. Unfortunately, some drivers do not remain alert for motorcycles on the road and cause preventable wrecks due to negligence. A serious motorcycle accident can disrupt your life and put you out of work for an extended period of time. Many motorcycle injuries are caused by drivers who violate motorcyclists’ right of way. If you were injured and the motorcycle accident was not your fault, then you may have a personal injury case.
The legal team at David Blackwell Law has extensive experience handling motorcycle injury claims and helping injured riders seek the compensation needed to regain financial stability and recover. We assist motorcycle accident victims in Lancaster, Indian Land, Heath Springs, Kershaw and throughout South Carolina. We only represent accident victims.
If you have been seriously injured in a motorcycle crash, you may be struggling physically and financially. The last thing you need is the stress of dealing with insurance adjusters. If an automobile, truck or another motorcyclist caused your injuries, you may be entitled to seek compensation to cover your medical bills and other expenses. You to contact need an experienced and compassionate injury lawyer to stand strong for you and provide trusted guidance.
How Our Law Firm Assists Motorcycle Accident Victims in Lancaster
Many motorcycle accidents in South Carolina are caused by other motorists’ failure to see a motorcycle in traffic. Motorcycles have a narrow profile and a driver scanning an intersection may overlook a motorcyclist or misjudge its speed. An automobile driver may turn unexpectedly into the path of an oncoming motorcycle, causing the motorcyclist to hit the car and be thrown onto the pavement.
If you have been injured or your loved one has been killed in a motorcycle accident in South Carolina, you will need to show that another driver’s disregard for safety or negligent act caused your accident and injuries.
Our legal team will provide a number of services if we handle your motorcycle injury claim. We will:
- Provide a free consultation about your injury and legal options;
- Investigate the cause of the crash and identify all the responsible parties;
- Identify the insurance policies available to provide compensation;
- Take the time to get to know you and your recovery goals;
- Determine your present medical costs, lost income and other expenses and losses related to the injury;
- Project your future medical expenses and loss of income related to the accident;
- Maintain an open-door policy if you have questions and need us;
- Submit a claim for full compensation to cover your expenses and losses to the appropriate insurance companies and negotiate aggressively on your behalf;
- Send a letter of protection to your health care providers, informing them of pending legal action and that they will receive payment for your treatment if we are successful in recovering compensation through your personal injury claim;
- Keep you updated on the progress of all negotiations;
- File a motorcycle injury lawsuit on your behalf and go to trial if necessary to seek justice for you in court.
The legal team at David Blackwell Law will provide one-on-one attention and legal guidance based on years of experience handling similar cases. We have represented many South Carolinians who were injured in traffic accidents including motorcycle accidents.
Compensation in an Lancaster Motorcycle Accident Claim
One of the first things that most injured bikers who are considering legal action ask is: How much is my motorcycle injury claim worth? It’s an understandable question, but one that is hard to answer precisely. The answer depends on a number of key factors including:
- The severity of your injuries
- The contributing factors to the accident
- The insurance policies available to provide compensation.
Our legal team at David Blackwell Law will carefully evaluate the damages you have suffered from the motorcycle wreck and how the injuries will affect your ability to work and your quality of life in the years ahead. Based on the specifics of your injury, you may seek compensation for:
- Past and future medical costs, including emergency treatment, hospitalization, rehabilitation, follow-up doctor appointments, medications, and wheelchairs, walkers, or other assistive mobility devices.
- Lost wages for the period of time you were out of work because of your injuries.
- Reduction in earning capacity if your injuries mean that you will be limited in the kind of work you can do in the future.
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering.
- Repair or replacement of your damaged motorcycle.
Anyone who tells you that your case is worth a certain amount is making a rough estimate at best. It is not possible to predict immediately after a serious motorcycle accident how your injuries will affect you in the future and what your ongoing medical needs will be. That is why is important not to accept a quick insurance settlement before you know the extent of your medical expenses. It is important that you focus initially on receiving all the medical care that you need and following the doctor’s directives.
Contact a Lancaster Motorcycle Accident Attorney
After a serious motorcycle accident, you should be focused on your health and your family. You should not have to worry about how you are going to afford the medical care and time off work to recover from injuries caused by another driver’s carelessness. At David Blackwell Law, we want to lift your burden after a motorcycle accident by dealing with the insurance adjusters and helping you regain financial stability.
You do not need to worry about how you will afford a lawyer. At David Blackwell Law, we represent accident victims on a contingency fee basis. We don’t collect a legal fee unless you receive compensation through an insurance settlement or jury award. You do not pay anything up front.
David Blackwell Law has developed a reputation among insurance companies for only taking injury cases that we know are worth the fight. We represent good, hard-working people in South Carolina who are going through a difficult time because of an injury that someone else caused. Let us discuss how we can fight for you.